Good evening, everyone.
After yesterday’s cool arctic blast of negativity, I thought I would also share with you the things that do NOT suck! Are we ready? Ok, sweet…Here we go…
1. Honey Badger – Really this crazy little animal has so much fortitude, and the video I referenced last week pretty much sums it up. Honey Badger don’t care. Honey Badger don’t give a shit. The Honey Badger does what it needs to do to survive, and doesn’t let itself get so stressed out it makes itself sick. Not only that, when it cracks open a pistachio, it does it bad-ass. I can’t help that this little creature makes me happy.
2. Friends – And these aren’t always the people you get all face to face with in life. No. Some of these people you may not have ever met. That doesn’t matter. What matters is that you have common interests, common ideals, and can laugh together, even if it’s a virtual thing.
3. Ex-Wives, aka Melinda – Ha Ha, Melinda! You were looking looking in the wrong blog! Look! You are number three here!!! Yes! In things that don’t suck! No, really! This last year has been a trip, and honestly? I am so glad we’re not fighting like cats and dogs. I mean, really…how cool IS that? Ok, that and you and Puffy make GREAT pictures. 😉
4. Trader Joe’s Wasabi Seaweed Snacks – Yes, you read right. This shit’s like crack…and a whole lot cheaper! Salty, spicy, and simply YUM. Now, if you don’t love the smell of tropical fish food, then it will probably be an acquired taste, but believe me, soooo worth it.
5. Christmas Lights – Yes, I’m probably super busy, and probably won’t really go out of my way to decorate for the holidays this year, but I still love some lights. I have these great neighbors that do up their lights right after Thanksgiving, so I can see them from the front window when I need a fix. Also falling under this category? The Trans-Siberian Orchestra. OMG, loving their Christmas music, and they are amazing in concert!
6. The Bloggess – I can’t help it. I have blogger envy over this woman. She is funny as hell! Beyonce, the metal chicken, kills me every time I see a picture or read about it. You guys REALLY need to check her out. She’s more than a little bit inspirational; she’s a scream!
7. Snow – I know…it’s a pain in the ass to drive it, but it sure is pretty, and, in my humble opinion, we don’t get enough of it in Eastern North Carolina.
8. A GREAT Photo-Shoot – I love getting that PERFECT capture, whether it’s a tiny baby, family, killer wedding shot, or landscape. There is little that makes me happier as an artist.
9. The Beach – This runs the gamut from the swim friendly OBX/SOBX of NC, the rocky cliffs on the coast of Northern California, or even the tepid waters of Mexico. If there’s a beach, I want to be there.
10. Opportunity – Listen when it knocks. It can come in disguise, but listen, anyway. (Candy-gram…Plumber…Land Shark! LOL! Those of you that remember vintage SNL know what I am talking about.)
Ok, so aside from the obvious (family, fur-kids, wine, etc), those are my top ten things that don’t suck. (See? Even a sarcastic pessimist, such as myself, can find more things that DON’T suck than things that DO. :))
I would love it if you all would share with me YOUR favorite things that don’t suck. No, really…I’m IMPLORING you. Ok…and in the spirit of giving, I will hook one lucky answer writer with an original Wall 2 Wall landscape, already matted and ready for framing…It’s an 8×10 print matted to 11×14. And to keep things fair, I will have Puffy-Teen pull the winning name out of a hat. If you want to be included, make sure you put your current email address in your comment. We will draw the name on the evening of Friday, December 2, 2011. Winner will contacted via email. 🙂 (Look, I asked a couple weeks ago about Thanksgiving, but nobody played, so I figured I’d bribe you with a print. 🙂 ) The image is below:
P.S. This sucker actually looks bad-ass in a black frame on the wall. 🙂 Hey, and if you want me to sign it, I will, however, that may detract from any value that it might have. 😉
Things that don’t suck:
1) Christmas parades, especially ones with the Raleigh Helping Hands Mission band/dance troupe.
2) Google. OMG how did we do without google for so long?
3) The fact that my Jack Russell actually LIKES the hoodie part of his Santa Claws costume. When he look up and it falls back he knows to drop his head down so it will fall back onto his head. If it doesn’t, he looks at me until I do it for him. His nutty mutty sister, on the other hand, REFUSED to wear her deer antlers to the parade so we could have both Santa and his reindeer. They were the hit of the parade. And they weren’t even in it.
4) Friends who are not shy about telling you how they feel about you. Thank you Jules.
5) The Bunker. (Julie knows what I mean.)
…and things that don’t suck?
Hmmm…watching my kids in sports/cheer.
That for sure doesn’t suck.
NC State football….ok, we kinda sucked but we’re in a BOWL! woohoo
The smell of the first wax block I put into my scent burner. mmmm mmmm good.
When Toby, my lil shit dog, lays in my lap, puts his head on my tummy and looks like I am God himself. That kind of hero worship never sucks.
Having my daughter look at me with love in her eyes and say, “you’re the prettiest and best mama in the world”.
Oh, Tray, that is the Anti-Suckfest right there!!!! 🙂
Pingback: Prostates, Skinned Knees, & Getting Older « Random Musings From a Type-A Workaholic
Pingback: Page not found « Random Musings From a Type-A Workaholic
Ok, I’m here because that would look awesome on my jacked up wall. 🙂
Things that don’t suck for me (email@example.com) include but are not limited to the following:
Getting in a warm shower when the bathrom feels kind of cool.
The smell of baby’s powdered (or unpowdered) skin and hair.
The look of excitement from your neighbor’s little boys as they see you get out of your car and come running over for a hug.
The contented look in my cats’ eyes as they sit in my lap and let me pet them.
Hysterical laughter shared with a dear friend, one you can be yourself with totally.
Hearing your son say proudly, that his friends think I am so cool!
Things that don’t suck for me…The ability to enjoy a drink every now and then because it’s a “doctor’s order”. The labtech who had to draw blood (Phlebotomist is the correct term..I think!) from me who did so without me “flinching” and keeping me calm through the whole procedure. And the main thing that doesn’t suck for me…knowing that my prostate is no longer enlarged!!!!
At least you HAVE a prostate!!!!! Apparently MINE is normal, LOL…
things that don’t suck
“all clear” from your oncologist
husbands that kill spiders and dispose of the little carcasses
cats that eat random junk off the floor. Roomba doesn’t have JACK on The Ween
Friends who take tale the worst day possible and turn it into THE BEST DAY EVER
Sugar-Free Popsicles–not only do they NOT SUCK…they are quite possibly EVIL ( but in a good way)
When you find THE. Funniest. Christmas .Cards. EVER.
When you realise your doctor’s ass is bigger than yours
Oh. Mah. Gawd! These are freaking WONDERFUL! All Clear is probably my personal have…Rock on Skwarl!!!!