Good evening, everyone.
After yesterday’s cool arctic blast of negativity, I thought I would also share with you the things that do NOT suck! Are we ready? Ok, sweet…Here we go…
1. Honey Badger – Really this crazy little animal has so much fortitude, and the video I referenced last week pretty much sums it up. Honey Badger don’t care. Honey Badger don’t give a shit. The Honey Badger does what it needs to do to survive, and doesn’t let itself get so stressed out it makes itself sick. Not only that, when it cracks open a pistachio, it does it bad-ass. I can’t help that this little creature makes me happy.
2. Friends – And these aren’t always the people you get all face to face with in life. No. Some of these people you may not have ever met. That doesn’t matter. What matters is that you have common interests, common ideals, and can laugh together, even if it’s a virtual thing.
3. Ex-Wives, aka Melinda – Ha Ha, Melinda! You were looking looking in the wrong blog! Look! You are number three here!!! Yes! In things that don’t suck! No, really! This last year has been a trip, and honestly? I am so glad we’re not fighting like cats and dogs. I mean, really…how cool IS that? Ok, that and you and Puffy make GREAT pictures. 😉
4. Trader Joe’s Wasabi Seaweed Snacks – Yes, you read right. This shit’s like crack…and a whole lot cheaper! Salty, spicy, and simply YUM. Now, if you don’t love the smell of tropical fish food, then it will probably be an acquired taste, but believe me, soooo worth it.
5. Christmas Lights – Yes, I’m probably super busy, and probably won’t really go out of my way to decorate for the holidays this year, but I still love some lights. I have these great neighbors that do up their lights right after Thanksgiving, so I can see them from the front window when I need a fix. Also falling under this category? The Trans-Siberian Orchestra. OMG, loving their Christmas music, and they are amazing in concert!
6. The Bloggess – I can’t help it. I have blogger envy over this woman. She is funny as hell! Beyonce, the metal chicken, kills me every time I see a picture or read about it. You guys REALLY need to check her out. She’s more than a little bit inspirational; she’s a scream!
7. Snow – I know…it’s a pain in the ass to drive it, but it sure is pretty, and, in my humble opinion, we don’t get enough of it in Eastern North Carolina.
8. A GREAT Photo-Shoot – I love getting that PERFECT capture, whether it’s a tiny baby, family, killer wedding shot, or landscape. There is little that makes me happier as an artist.
9. The Beach – This runs the gamut from the swim friendly OBX/SOBX of NC, the rocky cliffs on the coast of Northern California, or even the tepid waters of Mexico. If there’s a beach, I want to be there.
10. Opportunity – Listen when it knocks. It can come in disguise, but listen, anyway. (Candy-gram…Plumber…Land Shark! LOL! Those of you that remember vintage SNL know what I am talking about.)
Ok, so aside from the obvious (family, fur-kids, wine, etc), those are my top ten things that don’t suck. (See? Even a sarcastic pessimist, such as myself, can find more things that DON’T suck than things that DO. :))
I would love it if you all would share with me YOUR favorite things that don’t suck. No, really…I’m IMPLORING you. Ok…and in the spirit of giving, I will hook one lucky answer writer with an original Wall 2 Wall landscape, already matted and ready for framing…It’s an 8×10 print matted to 11×14. And to keep things fair, I will have Puffy-Teen pull the winning name out of a hat. If you want to be included, make sure you put your current email address in your comment. We will draw the name on the evening of Friday, December 2, 2011. Winner will contacted via email. 🙂 (Look, I asked a couple weeks ago about Thanksgiving, but nobody played, so I figured I’d bribe you with a print. 🙂 ) The image is below:
P.S. This sucker actually looks bad-ass in a black frame on the wall. 🙂 Hey, and if you want me to sign it, I will, however, that may detract from any value that it might have. 😉