I’ve been nominated for a Liebster Award! Thanks so much to Whitney from Well, That Happened for the nomination. I am honored, seriously!
In accepting this award, I would like to thank all of the people who have encouraged me to write (She Who Shall Not Be Named, Squirrel, Larry), and the plain ol’ dumb luck in my life for giving me The Neighbors, speeding tickets, and the urge to put henna in my hair. My blog has not only allowed me to vent in a safe environment, it’s also given me the opportunity to virtually meet people I never would have gotten to know, otherwise, and I’m learning about all kinds of neat, fun, embarrassing, awkward, crazy situations. 😀
In accepting this award I’ve been asked to answer a few questions about myself/life…so here goes…
- If you were a dog, what breed would you be and why?
Easy – I’d be a papillon. (Particularly one of mine, since they are spoiled rotten.) This breed is portable, smart, fun, and affectionate. They’re also very agile, and vocal. I think most of this also applies to me.
- Pick your favorite Friends character, and “I don’t have a favorite Friends character” is NOT an answer.
Phoebe. No contest. She was kind of a spacey little thing, but she was a pretty smart cookie. Besides, how can you NOT love the “Smelly Cat” song?
- If a guy were to send you a drink at the bar, what would you want it to be? Explain.
Well, this is kind of a toss up. It would depend on my mood. If I was just out with the girls, then probably a nice Chardonnay, because that is my wine of choice when kicking back and just relaxing over drinks. Now, if I were clubbing? More than likely it’d be a gin and tonic (with lots of lime) because if I am actually IN a club-type situation, I am going to need the harder stuff to shed the inhibitions faster, otherwise I won’t be dancing or doing karaoke like a rock star, LOL…
- If you were a tree, what kind would you be and why?
I think I’d be a Cyprus tree out there on the California coast. I would get to be strong , be by the ocean all the time and be able to weather the elements.
- What is your favorite thing to find – be it in a store, on the street, in the woods, etc.
I want to do the right thing and say something like inner peace, a cure for cancer, or something GOOD like that, but I have a greedy side, and a greenback in the street or under a couch cushion wins out every time.
- Do you have houseplants? Why? Why not?
Absolutely! I love flora and fauna around me both indoors and out. I have a Zen room in my house with all kinds of houseplants; Boston fern, heart leafed philodendron, a Christmas cactus, peace lily.
- What was the last major goal you met?
Losing all the weight I’d put on since I got married ten years ago. I was cruising up on 200 pounds in January of 2013, and I dropped all the weight I needed to, plus some that I wanted to, and before my bulk had lost a cool 50 pounds. My next mini goal is to get down to about 140, or to rock the new bikini this summer. 😉 (Because, yes. I AM that vain.)
- Do you plan on making contributions to change the world? How?
I plan on continuing to run for good causes, contributing to cancer research and “paying it forward.”
Now that my questions are out of the way, here are my two nominations for the Liebster:
Rob over at Weight2lose2013 because he is just a great person and his blogs are fun, informative, and healthy!
I am also nominating my fellow North Carolinian, Virginia, over at Banded Carolina Girl. Her blog is chock full of her determination to make changes (big changes) to be healthy. Her posts are motivating and strong. Her journey has been amazing, and she has terrific taste in shoes!
Ok, my little nominees, your assignment, should you choose to accept it, is to answer the following questions about you, nominate a couple bloggers, and give them some questions. Have fun with this, you two! 🙂
- What made you decide to start a blog, and how long have you been doing it?
- When you aren’t in front of your computer, what do you do for fun?
- Beach or mountains?
- Favorite adult beverage and why?
- If you didn’t need money, what occupation would bring you the most joy and why?
- Tangible books, e-reader or “Read? Who has time for that?”
- Favorite food type (Mexican, Italian, Asian inspired, etc.) and why?
- If you were a tree what kind would you be? (Yes, because I ran out of original questions, and this one is really good!)
Thanks again, Whitney! I enjoyed this, and hope Rob & Virginia will, too.
Until next time…