No, really…they can be a hoot…Especially when you start paying attention to them.
This morning, Random Musings snagged our 101st follower from Word Press. I mean, we have followers on FaceBook, via email, and on Twitter, but it sure was nice to see that nifty little picture in my notifications window. 🙂 Thanks, uguise!
As I explore the “Stats” area of my blog, I find that the “Search Terms” area always has something neat to see on it. This thirty days has been fairly tame, compared to some of the search terms I’ve seen since the first of the year. (“gif boob bounce”?????? Seriously? WTF…)
These are the terms for the past thirty days:
- hog wild diesel – I can see where this came from. The first 5K I did was the Hog Wild Mud Run. This makes sense and isn’t really weird at all.
- oral surgery funny – Ok, maybe because of my fear of the dentist, the fact that I try and see the humorous side, and that I have recently done two posts on related subject matter? Nope, not remotely a stretch.
- bane boob – Because, at one time, my boobs were the bane of my existence? Because the first few posts of the year were about boobs? But there is a Dark Knight Character named Bane, and apparently Bane Boobs is a search term that will allow you to find the following meme:
- boobs type – Possibly stemming from the fact that I was really hardcore thinking I was doing the whole reduction route a couple of years ago. I’m seeing a trend.
- hartford sucks – Like this is a stretch. I hate that company more than words can say, and believe I may have mentioned that on a blog entry not too terribly long ago…In case my sentiment wasn’t entirely clear? THE HARTFORD SUCKS!
- https://musingsfromaworkaholic.com/tag/how-to-make-a-turd/ – Well, obviously, somebody saw my how-to blog on making cardboard poo.
- scared of first root canal – Hang in there, sweetheart. I’ve been there, done that!
- relay for life thank you – Another no-brainer. I have been active in the Relay for a good many years, and have done numerous posts on this, also.
- the malpass brothers – Yes, please! I can’t help it. Not usually in my preferred musical genre, I made an exception for these guys. I just love them!
- pornphone – Now it’s not like I don’t know where this came from. The idea that almost bothers me about this is that there is someone else out there who has used this term…
- why hartford sucks – I think we pretty much covered that one already, LOL…
- macrame magic – I had to think about this one for a little bit, then it clicked. I used a macrame graphic in the post about believing in magic.
- no family – Can only think that this had to come from the graphic that I use on one of my rage-y blog about family last year:
- pranks – I’m sure this word and I have no relationship at all, hahaha…(See the aforementioned cardboard poo reference!) I am fairly certain that the following image, while disturbing in nature, still falls under the pranks category (click to embiggen):
Another one of my favorite stats-tools is the “page views by country.” How cool is it to be able to look on a global map and see that someone has visited from a far away land? I got visits from Pakistan, y’all! Who knew? I’m also really tickled to see Ireland moving right on up the list, as well. I like to think that Janey is keeping those numbers up single-handedly. 😀 I have to admit, though; I am curious to see who is popping in from down south in Brazil!
I also just discovered the “clicks” feature, and this shows the other bloggers who have popped over for a visit, which is pretty cool, because it’s like having family dropping in! Please! Have a cup of coffee!
So, if y’all are Word-Pressers and haven’t checked out your stats? You really should. Sometimes they are even good for a laugh.
Until Next Time…
When I check my stats, my search engine terms are “unknown search terms”. WFT is that?? lol I think it’s cool to have international followers. I don’t like calling them followers, as many have become real buds. And I swear, I didn’t find your blog by searching on boobs. lol
Hahaha! I love this!
The search terms are one of my favorite parts of the stats. Here’s one I got the other day: “woman’s dissected arm vs man’s dissected arm” *shudder*
Oh, see? THAT is one of the good ones, right there…It makes you wonder just WHO is reading us, and how dangerous are they? 😉
Haha I always say to bloggers that being from Ireland makes my blog stalking really obvious! 🙂 I have nominated you for a few awards so I’ll be posting soon.
Awwww, Janey! You did? Thanks, Luv! ❤ 🙂
Thank you. 🙂 When you start seeing search terms like “&pissing” or “workaholics old lady boobs picture” you know you’ve got to start paying closer attention, because, hey…blog fodder!
And because I got all grades of excited, I posted my reply to your comment as a new comment, LOL…See above, LOL…