I know, I know, I know…
You are all probably tired of hearing me bitching, but my blog, my rules (within WordPress guidelines, of course.)
Here’s the thing. I just raised four children who grew up raised knowing that you have to work for what you want.
Apparently I get a big, fat fail as a mom.(Except, that I can’t really accept that, because I’m being told that our kids, no matter how you raise them, turn into whomever they actually are.) Which is, actually, a pretty good sized relief. (I feel like I raised my 3 biological kids the same way I raised my 1 step-kid – and that alone makes me feel like shit; that I compared that…)
I have a member of my family that I had to seriously unfriend from my FaceBook page. I don’t do that often. Seriously. I didn’t block this person, but I did unfriend, since my feed was filling up with toxin. Let me tell you why.
(And as an aside, let me first say that I don’t care WHO you voted for. I’ve voted for numerous candidates that have lost elections, so this isn’t what that is about, although, it DOES kinda show my age; I’ve been voting since 1983, so, yeah…I’m old. And maybe that is why I get so pissed off.)
There is an individual that is in my family that I admire a LOT, except for how they portray themselves on social media. I also know that, as an adult, I have the option of not seeing things on my feed that offend me.
Now, let’s be clear, here; I may be an AARP member, but I have a ridiculously open mind. If you are in a same sex marriage? I applaud AND support you. If you are in an open relationship? I love you, no matter what, especially for being as brave as you are! Your sexual preference does not define you…until, of course, it does. Your political opinions do not define you…until, of course, they do.
So, let’s just say that you have advertised your sexual appetites on social media for all the world to see. And let’s assume, for a moment, that someone from the way-far-right has pretty much told you about yourself. Then you have some really far-reaching, uber-conservative, hard-right Conservatives attack you? Of course, your first impulse is to fight back. I get that. But…What is coming over my feed, because we were friends, at the time, is a bunch of f*** you, I f*** who I want, go to h***, kiss my a** posts? Yeah? No.
- F*** Trump
- F*** you
- F*** the system
- F*** the government
- F*** the establishment
- F*** the Christians
- F*** Pagans
- F*** Jill Stein
- F*** off, world
- Go to H***, all of you that don’t subscribe to my sexual preference, political leanings, et all.
This is the sh*t that makes me unfriend your asses. I don’t need a feed full of negativity.
Let me just say this, as someone who was born in 1965 (yes, that makes me 51.5 years old on 12/30/16):
- Grow the hell up. No, seriously. GROW. THE. HELL. UP!
- Have you had to support your grown kids through a financial issue (or more)? No? Then STFU.
- Do you work 40 or more hours per week? No? Then STFU.
- Do you have a mortgage to pay every month? Yes? Do you contribute to that? No? Then STFU!
- Do you advertise your alternative lifestyle on social media and then get super crazy when the hard-right come after you with words? Maybe think about what you are posting, and then STFU!
- Did you vote? No? Then STFU!
- Did you graduate high school? No? Then get your diploma, get educated, learn something, get your GED? YAY! Get some learning’! And some more learnin’! Then go get further education and keep the hell going, or do something to make change for what you believe in! And if you can’t? Then STFU.
I know that this is a generalization of what I see on my social media feed, but…There is a whole crap-ton of bull-sh*t on my feed that I had to un-ass, because, honestly? The word, “f*ck” (sorry, Mom) gets old really quick.
Maybe it’s my age showing, maybe not….but OMG, people…let’s at least try to be a little decent when we go there and back.
I’m just old fashioned and ridiculous?
Until next time….
That just about sums it up!