Because tilapia gets boring faster than chicken breast…
- 1 cup reduced fat sour cream
- 4 Tbs. chopped cilantro
- 2 diced jalapeño peppers, seeds removed
- 2-4 Tbs. lime juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika (I used spicy smoked)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
– 24 ounces of swai or tilapia, cut into bite sized pieces
– 1-2 Tbs Canola Oil, heated over Med-High heat in cast iron pan…
– 8 soft-taco sized flour tortillas, warmed according to package directions…
– 1/2 ripe avocado, sliced thin
Toss fish pieces in rub while oil is heating in cast iron skillet.
Once oil is hot, place seasoned fish into oil and toss regularly until fish is done.
Once fish is cooked and tortillas are warm, separate sliced avocado and place equal amounts on tortillas. Divide fish into eight portions and place on tortillas and avocado. Spoon sour cream/cilantro/jalapeño/lime mixture onto fish tacos and serve warm.