Julie’s Mom’s Jalapeño Jelly
- 2 medium green bell peppers, chopped
- 14 jalapeño peppers, stemmed & chopped, with some seeds left (the more seeds you reserve, the hotter the jelly)
- 7 cups sugar
- 1 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup apple juice
- 1 (6) six ounce package of liquid pectin
- a few drops green food color (optional) I used two drops for a half recipe.
In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients EXCEPT pectin and food coloring.
Heat over medium-high/high heat (depending on your stove) and bring to a rolling boil. Boil for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add pectin, and bring back to a rolling boil, stirring constantly, for 2 to 3 minutes.
Remove from heat.
Strain into a large bowl and discard pieces.
Add food coloring, if used, and mix until blended.
Pour into containers. Let mixture gel at room temperature for about an hour, cover, and store in the fridge.
Photos as follows: