So, y’all know that I got a Kitchen Aid mixer as an early Christmas gift, and I have been a baking fiend!
Last week my new boss came into our office and introduced himself to the rest of the staff. I’d briefly met him earlier that day. (The only Facility Services Director I’ve ever known announced his retirement in September, and I’d been kind of on pins and needles about getting a new one. Fourteen year habits die hard, yo.)
At any rate, I’d brought some sourdough and whole wheat breads in for the girls to try and Tony (new boss) saw the whole wheat and asked if it was pumpkin bread. Of course, it wasn’t, but he dropped a tidbit when he said he loves pumpkin bread. I made a mental note of this and picked up some pumpkin at the store the next time the shopping was done.
The poor guy seemed so nervous when we saw him after orientation was over earlier this week, so I told him I’d make him a loaf of pumpkin bread. I brought a loaf in to work on Tuesday, and the old boss teased me mercilessly about sucking up, LOL…But both bosses loved the bread, so I submit the recipe I used below:
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 cup oil
- 2 cups pumpkin
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- Coat 2 loaf pans with Pam or other non-stick cooking spray. Cover with a coating of flour. Set aside.
- Mix dry ingredients.
- In separate bowl (I used my Kitchen Aid bowl) beat eggs, oil, water, and pumpkin.
- Slowly add dry ingredients. Beat well. The mixture will be runny.
- Pour batter into loaf pans.
- Bake in 350°F oven for approximately 90 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
This is good stuff! New Boss really liked it, too. 🙂
What do you use your stand mixer for? This mind wants to know!
Until next time…